AIA Huron Valley is pleased to join with Ann Arbor 2030 to present a Commercial Building Power Hour on Wednesday December 4th from 5-7PM: Creating a Path to Carbon Neutrality in our Commercial Buildings (Office and Retail Buildings greater than 15,000 SF)
Location: Downtown Ann Arbor District Library, Multipurpose Room
Parking: metered parking available on street or in parking garage nearby
Continuing Education: This presentation has been submitted to the AIA for 2 total LU/HSW continuing education credit
- Arrive by 4:50 PM to check in
- Food and drinks will be provided
On November 4, 2019, Ann Arbor’s City Council declared a Climate Emergency with a carbon neutrality target of 2030 by a unanimous vote. In light of this, we are bringing together building owners & managers, engineers, contractors and architects to step up to the challenge of meeting this goal.
Regional and local building case studies of buildings meeting the 2030 Challenge Goals will be presented and the systems implemented discussed. Resources for financing and implementing energy waste reduction, electrification and renewables will be presented PechaKucha style.
The presentations will be followed by focused conversations about strategies and policies needed to meet the goal of carbon neutrality. This program is offered in collaboration with the City of Ann Arbor and the Ann Arbor 2030 District. Input from this event will contribute to the City of Ann Arbor’s Plan to reach Carbon Neutrality to be announced on the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day next year.
At the end of this program, participants will be able to
1. Recognize the challenge of declaring a climate emergency with a goal of Carbon Neutrality by 2030 on our building stock.
2. Understand how to use the Zero Code to set building energy targets for new construction & renovation.
3. Discuss case studies of buildings on the path to meeting the 2030 Challenge goals.
4. Explore resources to finance and meet aggressive energy targets in buildings.
Cost: FREE for AIAHV Members, Associate Members and Students, and for Non-Members
Register Here: https://annarbor2030district.wildapricot.org/event-3587292
Do not register on the AIA HV website - use the Ann Arbor 2030 District Link above!
- Energy Audits
- Lighting Retrofit program
- DTE Incentive & recommissioning programs
- Building Analytics
- PACE financing
- Michigan Saves
Questions? Contact: Jan Culbertson, email@example.com
Please register soon as spaces are limited!