AIA Huron Valley is pleased to join with Ann Arbor 2030 and the Washtenaw Contractor's Association to host monthly CE events regarding Carbon Neutrality! The first session is Tuesday January 12th at noon.
Please use this link below to register and note the upcoming monthly events:
Ann Arbor has set the goal of achieving community-wide carbon neutrality by 2030. Buildings account for nearly 40% of community emissions. The A2 Zero Carbon Neutrality Plan has specific strategies for decarbonizing the building sector and the local design and construction industry has a major role to play in achieving this goal by 2030.
The presentations will be followed by a panel to focus the conversation on specific strategies, policies and education needed to meet the goal of carbon neutrality in our community and what the role is for architects, engineers and contractors in achieving this goal. Information from this session will be used to shape future sessions in the series.
Speaker: Missy Stults, PhD, Sustainability and Innovations Manager for the City of Ann Arbor
Panelists: Oscar Notz, President, Washtenaw Contractors Association; Jan Culbertson, FAIA, Chair of the Ann Arbor 2030 District, Cindy Cole, MAVD, Kristen Nyht, FAIA, AIA Huron Valley
Moderator: Theresa Angelini, AIA, AIA Huron Valley
HSW Justification: This is a foundational session to clearly articulate the plan the City of Ann Arbor has to prioritize energy performance and carbon reductions in the built environment. It outlines strategies that include planning & zoning ordinances, energy transparency and benchmarking policies and Zero Code advocacy at the State level. The responsibilities and collaboration needed of architects, contractors and building owners/managers will be highlighted.
- Describe the A2 Zero Carbon Neutrality Plan Strategies that apply to the built environment
- Discuss the collaboration that is happening with U-M, Washtenaw County and the other municipalities that are working on similar goals
- Enumerate the city policies that are in development to support carbon neutrality goals
- Understand the responsibility of contractors, architects and building owners in achieving the goal of community-wide carbon neutrality and how our professional organizations are collaborating to support this transformation.
- Share professional education needs for you to be part of this transformation.
Do not register on the AIAHV website - please register directly using the link above to receive CE credit. (we cannot turn off the registration option on our website or the event won't be made public - sorry for any confusion)